Who We Are:
The University of Northern Iowa Nonprofit Leadership Alliance (NLA) is a student run organization dedicated to educating, preparing, and certifying professionals to strengthen and lead nonprofit organizations. NLA is also a national alliance of 40 current colleges and universities universities, as well as countless nonprofit organizations that are committed to preparing undergraduate students, graduate students, and professionals for careers with national and international nonprofit organizations.
Why join NLA:
Students and professionals enrolled in the Nonprofit Leadership Alliance work to achieve the Certified Nonprofit Professional certification (CNP). Receiving this certification not only prepares students to enter the field, it also equips them with the knowledge and experiences necessary to excel tremendously within the organization. In fact, research shows that professionals who receive their CNP credential are seven times more likely to rise to director or higher levels, compared to those without the certification.
A few requirements must be met in order to become certified including:
- Completing the Ten Core Competencies (click here to learn more)
- Completing a 300 hour internship or field based experience at a nonprofit organization
- Attending an annual Nonprofit Leadership Alliance Management Institute (Click here to learn more)
- Completing the required course work
- Completing a 500 hour service project
To learn more about these requirements visit the About Us: @UNI tab above or click here.
Whats New with UNI’s NLA:
Currently, UNI students are working to achieve the 500 hour service project with the Greater Cedar Valley Alliance and Chamber. NLA students have been working hard to master the skills taught in Stephen Covey’s book The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People. Members will then attend various nonprofits in the Cedar Valley to train the nonprofit professionals Seven Habits so they can use it with their youth. We are very excited to get this program started and make a difference in our local community!
Alliance Management Institute:
This past January, UNI students had the opportunity to attend the Alliance Management Institute in Salt Lake City, Utah! We had a great time conversing with nonprofit professionals from all across the country and learned a ton!
Enormous thank you to RuffaloCODY for their huge charitable donation of $10,000 to our fundraising campaign! Without their support and all the the other generous contributions we received from countless donors, none of this would have been possible!
- The Spring semester class will be held Mondays from 3-5 pm in WRC 252.
- If you are interested in becoming certified to change the world, please contact Angie Widner (email@example.com) or Jullianne Gassman (firstname.lastname@example.org).